Improved power, motor life, and reduced electrical power are just a few of ways clutches provide a greener solution!Leave a Comment
BLM Automatic Clutch has been producing environmentally friendly clutches since our inception.
Centrifugal clutches are extremely economical because they conserve energy and allow for the use less electrical power. Motors with centrifugal clutches installed help the motor run more efficiently because the motor is permitted to start under no load, thus allowing for a smaller motor which in turn, results in improved power consumption.
Using a centrifugal clutch has several benefits:
- It is automatic and doesn’t require manual engagement.
- The motor is right sized not oversized – making it more economical.
- A standard motor with a clutch runs more efficiently than an oversized motor running below its full rated load, thus improving the power consumption.
- It reduces electrical power consumption costs because when starting a motor with a clutch, the time the motor spends drawing high current is a fraction of the time that is spent by a motor without a clutch.
- Increased motor life by as much as 5 times because the shortened high current draw saves motor insulation and windings.
- Eliminates the need for costly reduced voltage starters to protect the motor because it uses simple economical across the line starters.
- It has a long life.
We want to tell you so much more about centrifugal clutch designs that we manufacture for a variety of small and large applications. We’re experienced in working on projects with several different unique requirements.